Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri: 7:30am – 10:30am
Sat & Sun: 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
Mon-Fri: 11:30am – 2:30 pm
Mon-Thu: 2:30pm – 5:30 pm
Fri-Sun: 2:30pm – 5:30pm
Mon-Wed: 5:30pm – 9:00 pm
Thurs-Sun: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Chef’s Seasonal Update
Heading into Spring ’17
With the last bit of winter almost passing, we look forward to the bounty of spring time in the valley and surrounding areas. Ramps, green garlic, asparagus, and California Avocados…these just being a few of our favorites to play with. We are excited to fire up our Argentinian wood fired grills outside once the weather dries up, thinking about whole roasted spring lamb or pig…perhaps a dry aged tomahawk ribeye or porterhouse steak for two. There’s still time to enjoy richer foods such as braised short ribs and Pasta Bolognese, but for us it’s also time to start layering in some lighter dishes…See you soon!
Stay warm at Sam’s this Winter… Enjoy Sam’s Seasonal Brew Program
Winter 2016 – 2017
For winter we have added a nice darker offering in addition to keeping our staple IPAs available throughout winter. Our house-made brews feature local organically grown hops from Hop-Meister out of Lake County. Varietals are changing throughout the year, and we have big plans for 2017!
PS: if you miss our Blonde Ale, stay tuned for the spring beer update!
Deepwater Imperial Stout
• Imperial Stouts differ from traditional stouts in that they are higher in hops and malted barley. This meant that they could travel long distances and endure the elements better. A serendipitous benefit of this style of brewing is a more intense flavor profile and a higher alcohol content
• Midnight wheat, chocolate, and roasted malt form the base of our stout. We then added Columbus and Centennial hops to finish it off. this lends a strong full-bodied feel with pronounced chocolate and coffee notes.
• 8.5% ABV, 30 IBU, 10oz traditional glass pour
Sink or Swim IPA
• India Pale Ales are a staple in the microbrewery scene especially on the west coast. We here at Sam’s Social Club are amongst some giants in the craft beer industry so its Sink or Swim competing with the great IPA’s of Northern California.
• Our IPA is made with 100% Columbus hops which gives our beer a piney and earthy notes along with some citrus flavors.
• This IPA is 6.7% ABV and is very well balanced and not overly bitter at 50 IBU’s which makes it appealing to plenty of beer drinkers palates.
• Compared to our Sink or Swim IPA the Jackknife has a more citrus forward flavor profile.
• Comprised of 100% Citra Hops, which lend a zesty profile with hints of tropical fruits and grapefruit.
• This IPA is fresh and slightly floral with a hoppy zing.
• Jackknife IPA has an ABV of 6.5% & 50 IBU’s.
The Story of Sam’s Social Club
Named after resort founder and California’s first millionaire, Samuel Brannan, Sam’s Social Club is open to the public and serving Rustic American Cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a bucolic setting at the western foot of Mt. Lincoln.
Consistent with all new additions to Indian Springs, Sam’s building, grounds and menu preserve and contribute to the historic, idyllic Arcadian nature of the resort. They are also symbolic extensions of the Merchant family table – tasteful, welcoming, art-filled and eclectic – and expected to serve both hearty family favorites and dishes inspired by their world travels.
The building and outdoor lounge areas are brand new and designed to meld with Indian Springs Mission Revival-style architecture. A full bar serving artisan cocktails, local wines and craft beer brewed on-site will complement a fresh, seasonal menu featuring the region’s finest ingredients prepared in classic form. The main inside dining area is inviting and social, with soft seating, a fireplace and wood tabletops. An intimate bar and lounge is the place to enjoy cocktails and light fare. Natural light is abundant throughout, as windows flank three sides of the room and overlook a patio under a canopy of heritage oak and olive trees.
The expansive outdoor dining area features a fire pit and a geyser-fed water feature nestled into a handcrafted stonewall, taking advantage of the excellent Calistoga weather for alfresco dining.
Sam’s Social Club is led by Chef Shaun McGrath, a veteran chef of the San Francisco dining scene, having worked in the kitchens of at the highly regarded, eponymous restaurants Michael Mina and Scott Howard, as well as Citizen Cake and Americano. Chef Shaun has been with Sam’s Social Club since it’s launch in Spring 2015.